I don’t know about you other mama’s out there, but I have a slight obsession with strollers… I mean, with three kids, they are my life line to sanity some days. I know, I know, back in the day most moms survived without a stroller, so why can’t I? Well, they also survived without washing machines and Paw Patrol on tablets, and I can’t imagine life without them either. Anyone who has experience researching and buying strollers will know how hard it is to find the perfect match! Well folks, I’m pretty sure I have met my match when I was given the chance to review the Joovy TwinGroove Ultralight stroller. True happiness has come my way in the form of Joovy’s new double umbrella stroller, and I’ll tell you why.
Here is What I Love About the Joovy TwinGroove Ultralight Stroller:
- The Joovy TwinGroove Ultralight stroller has two side-by-side seats that can fit through a standard doorway AND can hold up to 50 lbs each! This means that I can easily push my two and a half and five year old around if we have planned a big day out and we want to get from A to B quickly.
- Each seat reclines on its own to an almost flat position, which means that this stroller can be used with my newborn! No more lugging around our heavy infant car seat when we are on big trips. I can put my toddler in one seat, and use the other seat to switch between my 5 year old and newborn very easily. As you can see in my video, each seat includes a head bunting and foot enclosure netting for extra protection for your infant.
- It has tons of storage, including two mesh pockets in each seat for the kids to put their snacks and toys, three cup holders in the back, two hanging zippered pockets and two baskets under the seats. I love that there is no need to go out and buy additional cup holders, snack trays and parent consoles. Strollers are expensive enough as it is!
- It is super easy to manoeuvre, and the wheels are big enough to go over rough terrain. We live in the country, and honestly I was a little worried at how this double umbrella stroller would fare. It really surprised us though! I can easily push this stroller with 70 lbs worth of children in our back yard on the grass! Do you know any other umbrella stroller out there that can do the same?
- The handles are tall enough that my husband and I can push it easily without kicking the back of the stroller. Total pet peeve with most umbrella strollers.
- There are sun shades for each seat which can be adjusted to different positions depending on each child’s needs, or can be removed entirely. They are UV 50 and they each have a plastic peek-a-boo window to keep an eye on the kids.
- It is very stylish. My pick was the Joovy TwinGroove Ultralight stroller in the turquoise, but it also comes in black and charcoal.
What I Don’t Love About the Joovy TwinGroove Ultralight Stroller:
- With this stroller weighing in at 26 lbs I wouldn’t exactly call this an ultra light stroller, but it is lighter than most double strollers on the market. Honestly though, as long as I can get it in and out of my van I’m pretty much good to go. It does have an adjustable carrying strap on the side which is helpful when I need to pick it up, but if I had to walk around with it for any amount of time I think I would just wheel it wherever it needed to go. I also don’t mind the heaviness of this stroller because it is well-built and so functional.
- If you think you can fit your diaper bag under one of the seats, you will be sadly mistaken. However, you can fit a changing pad with diapers and wipes, a small backpack, toys, and other small items in the two under-the-seat baskets. Just make sure you take anything important out before you lie your little one down for a nap, because it can be tricky to access when the seat is in a lying flat position. I have found that I can hang my heavy diaper bag on the back of the Joovy TwinGroove Ultralight stroller, and it won’t tip over even when the kids aren’t in it, which makes things way easier to access than if it was stored down below. I’m pretty sure I could also hang a couple of shopping bags on it too, which is a huge score!
- While I can push my five-year-old around no problem and she says she is comfortable in this stroller, her head can’t rest on the seat because she is too tall. It would be nice if they made the seats a bit taller, since they do have such a great weight rating!
Want to See the Joovy TwinGroove Ultralight Stroller in Action? Check Out the YouTube Video Below!
Ready to Buy the Joovy TwinGroove Ultralight Stroller?
The Joovy TwinGroove Ultralight stroller retails for $299.99 USD, which is a great price for a double stroller with so many perks.
For my Canadian readers, I have only found it online at BedBathandBeyond, retailing for $399.99 CAD. Since it is brand spanking new, I hope that it will become more readily available in the future.
Checking the progress of our 🍐 tree! Definitely not ripe yet but getting there. On another note, I’ve had the @joovy TwinGroove Ultralight Stroller for the past couple weeks and we have been loving it. Do you know any other umbrella stroller that can carry a 5 year old and newborn around grass with ease?! Check out my video on the blog and YouTube tomorrow for more info! 😁